Lambert & Torrens was originally established in 1947 by Alf Lambert & Tom Torrens Snr who had served together in the Royal Australian Air Force during WW2.
With Tom having been a service representative for International harvester before the war the original business supplied and serviced farm machinery, being the local John Deere dealer for many years.
Tom Jnr started working in the business at the age of 15 in 1962 formally taking over the business in 1977.
During the 1950’s and 1960’s the business had started to move into pumping equipment, but it was during the 1970’s with the discovery of underground water and the introduction of cotton in the North West NSW region that the business started to specialise in Pumping Equipment.
From the early 1980’s onward the business grew as it followed the expansion of Cotton, at one point owning their own drilling rigs in order to keep up with the demand for irrigation holes.
During the 1990’s and 2000’s as the business continued to be at the forefront of borehole irrigation, Kerry Janson who is now the General Manager built up the ‘stock and domestic’ side of the business, becoming not only the licensed dealer for respected brands such as Onga, Grundfos, Franklin and Mono, but also collecting several industry awards including ‘Dealer of the Year’ from several suppliers.
In 2015 with Tom Jnr retiring, the business was sold three local brothers Ben, Tim & Jock Lee who were raised on a family farm near Gunnedah and have taken active roles in the business.
With key staff including Kerry Janson, Mick Osmond (turbine pumps) and Jason Harrison (stock & domestic) remaining on and Tom continuing in an advisory capacity Lambert & Torrens offers customers over 100 years of collective pumping experience along with a new energetic group of owners looking to expand the business in a hands on fashion.
Stock and Domestic Manager
In addition to the above we have a team of fulltime qualified trade staff including plumbers, mechanics and boiler makers.